here are some strange driving laws in different countries.完形填空答案
here are some strange driving laws in different countries.
If you’re in Vietnam without a Vietnamese driver’s license, you risk a prison sentence of up to three years.
In Moscow, if your car is dirty enough to draw dust art, you will be fined about 2,000 rubles (about US $55). Worse yet, it’s illegal to wash your car by hand in public places — forcing you to take it to one of the few car wash facilities.
Drivers —male or female — can’t drive shirtless, whether it’s a car, a bus, or a tuk-tuk cab.
France requires its drivers to carry a portable breathalyzer(酒精测量仪) at all times when driving a car. The one-time breathalyzer cost around US$5, and if you don’t have one, you will be fined US$15.
Raising your hands in the car can get you fined of US$35. The law states a driver can be fined if the person “is in an irregular position inside the car or raises his hand from the steering wheel unnecessarily.
Politeness isn’t just the culture in Japan; it’s part of driving laws. Splashing a person by driving through a puddle(水坑) with your car will cost you over US$60. The country is also strict with its DUI(酒驾) laws — riding with or lending your car to a driver who gets caught drinking and driving can lead to a fine costing thousands of dollars.
24. Where should you go to wash your car when you are in Moscow
A. The car wash facilities. B. Any public place
C. Your home D. The forest
25. What can get you fined for in Cyprus
A. Forgetting to carry a portable breathalyzer.
B. Not having a Cyprus driver’s license.
C. Putting your hands above your head when you are driving.
D. Driving without a shirt.
26. If you are fined thousands of dollars in Japan, you may have been ____.
A. in an irregular position in your car
B. sitting in a car with a drunk driver
C. splashing a person with mud
D. impolite to other drivers
27. This text can most likely be found in _______.
A. a law document B. a fashion magazine
C. an international newspaper D. a column on interesting cultures
24. A。解析：细节题，根据文章Russia部分的 it’s illegal to wash your car by hand in public places — forcing you to take it to one of the few car wash facilities可知选A。
25.C。解析：细节题。根据文章Cyprs部分的The law states a driver can be fined if the person “is in an irregular position inside the car or raises his hand from the steering wheel unnecessarily可知选C。
26. B。解析：细节题。根据文章Japan部分的The country is also strict with its DUI(酒驾) laws — riding with or lending your car to a driver who gets caught drinking and driving can lead to a fine costing thousands of dollars可知B正确。
27D。解析：推测题。A. a law document法律文件；B. a fashion magazine服装杂志； C. an international newspaper国际报纸；D. a column on interesting cultures有趣的文化柱。通读全文，我们可知各国的有趣的交通规则。故判断选D。